Personal Counselling

Personal Counselling, where  Anger is present in Anxiety, Addictions and Depression

Cognitive Principle Therapy (CPT) helps those clients experiencing anger with:

  • Anxiety                                                                     
  • Low self-esteem                                                       
  • Addictions
  • Depression

The focus is on listening to the client then teaching the client how to develop their principles and reduce their anger and negative thinking, through a structured program.

The importance of alignment to reduce anger.

Often the client will be out of balance due to weakened principles in some area of their life. Testing is often used to their identify defense mechanisms, such as anger and avoidance, so that those responses can be modified.

A client knows when they are out of balance (out of alignment) within themselves when the outside world or their sub-conscious thoughts and bad habits are controlling them and they do not want this to continue.

The sessions are more challenging than in some other forms of counselling. The client is given feedback on their issues within the first two sessions. The process of inquiry into thoughts, feelings and body reaction commences until behavior changes through self-awareness and the development of stronger principles.

Tools used that will result in a change of behavior

The Stop, Find method™ is used to gain control or influence in their lives, with particular emphasis on reducing anger.

The Cognitive Principle Matrix™ provides the self awareness. The counsellor analyses the relationship between the following competing factors in each person. It shows that when a person is excessively using the right hand side factors, then the person will be out of alignment and have problems in their life. A wide range of tools are available to “shift” the person from using the right hand factors to the left hand factors.

  • Principle Thinking v Comparative Thinking
  • Conscious v Sub-conscious
  • Inside v Outside
  • Support V Challenge
  • Influence v Concern
  • Control v Responsibility
  • Act v Person

Counselling typically lasts between four and ten sessions.

About Depression, Anxiety & Addictions

“Once mental illness becomes a bad habit it is easier to change”

Clients with depression, anxiety and addictions fall into two different, yet not clearly defined, categories.

The first category is those with major mental illness who would normally get or should get a GP referral to see a psychiatrist or psychologist for assessment and treatment. They will most likely be on medication, but not necessarily. Their illness may also be due to physical factors that may not respond to psychological therapies. Those with addictions will still be users and be dependent on the use of drugs or alcohol.

The second category, estimated at 80% of those suffering depression, anxiety or addictions, will either not require medication or will already have been stabilized by medication. They will not be adversely restricted by a physical condition. Those with addictions will have passed through a detox program and will not be currently using drugs or alcohol.


CPT is quicker-it is not based on the medical model.

This second group is ideally suited to Cognitive Principle Therapy because it will work faster than conventional therapy. The aim is to teach the client tools to give them control over their life and if applicable, get them off their medication, provided they can demonstrate to their GP or psychiatrist that it is not necessary.

Front end psychology is suited to the 20% in the first category. Back end counselling is suited to the other  80% because their conditions can be classified as “bad habits” and treated accordingly. Historically front end psychology has been linked to the medical model.



Anxiety can cause passive anger and withdrawal


“My quality of life and happiness has been boosted. I have learnt so much and appreciated the support.”

Female client presenting with
anxiety issues.