Since the private practice started in 2010 , over 2,100 clients have been counselled and 900 letters to the courts on behalf of clients.
My goal in anger management is to get you unstuck by following the two golden rules:
First golden rule: When it is positive it is personal, that is it is given personally and received personally. However, when it is negative it is behavioral. It is about the problem not the person, otherwise anger can arise.
Result: There is no judgement in Cognitive Principle Therapy
Second Golden rule: That Principle Thinking is always equal to or greater than Comparative Thinking, or as Stephen Covey said "The Character ethic [my principles or values] should lead the Personality ethic [my needs or entitlements]"
Otherwise fear and greed will dominate and self-interest will create life long problems in relationships.
Result: We give trust, respect , acceptance and commitment to every client.
A healthy life is based on strong core beliefs. We teach:
- HOPE in every transaction: Growth through adding value or in suffering
- CONTROL in every transaction: Achieving /working towards a goal or in trying.
- ENGAGEMENT in every transaction: Unconditional giving of trust, respect, acceptance and commitment.
- MEANING in every transaction: Seeing growth in self, others and causes.
In 2020 Cognitive Principle Therapy became a branch of Neuropsychology covering 7 areas of psychology and working with 7 systems of life.
- The 7 areas of psychology are the Spirit brain [knowing or intuition], the Energy system [information & energy], The Nervous system, The Gut brain [sensing], the Heart brain [emotions/feeling], The Head brain [cognition/thinking] and Behaviors resulting from the other six. CPT starts with the nervous system, based on Polyvagal theory.
- CPT uses the 7 systems controlling the human condition. These divided into two parts, the conscious [outside diagram below] and sub-conscious [inside diagram below]
- In CPT the Conscious Mind is called the Task Positive Network [or System 2 or the "Left brain"], whereas the Sub-conscious Mind is called the Default Mode Network [ or System 1 or Right Brain]. These terms have been defined by various neuroscientists.
- CPT is based on a Cognitive Principle Matrix which uses 7 groups of principles to classify the 7 areas of psychology.
- CPT also uses 7 rules which relate the 7 areas of psychology.
- The goal of CPT is to restore Balance, Alignment and Direction within the client as these are the three areas which cause dysfunction.
- The above mentioned concepts are further explain in this website.
Counselling uses all of the above elements to treat anger, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, addictions and relationship issues.